I am participating in a challenge that I saw on Kwizgiver's blog, (she got it from Cynthia) which is hosted by Roof Beam Reader. A bonus incentive: everyone who completes their challenge will be entered to win a $50 gift card from Amazon or The Book Depository! If you are interested in joining the challenge as well, just head over to Roof Beam Reader!
To finally read 12 books from your “to be read” pile (within 12 months).
The rules are simple:
Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for AT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2014 or later (any book published in the year 2013 or earlier qualifies, as long as it has been on your TBR pile – publication dates will be checked).
Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile.
1. The Culture of Calamity: Disaster and the Making of Modern America by Kevin Rozario
2. Tribute by Nora Roberts
3. The Plague by Albert Camus
4. Gilded: How Newport Became America's Richest Resort by Deborah Davis
5. The Sixty-Eight Rooms by Marianne Malone
6. Heaven: Our Enduring Fascination With the Afterlife by Lisa Miller
7. The Girl With Glass Feet by Ali Shaw
8. The Simple Faith of Mr. Rogers by Amy Hollingsworth
10. How to Survive a Horror Movie by Seth Grahame-Smith
11. Dark Tide: The Great Boston Molasses Flood of 1919 by Stephen Puleo
12. An Edible History of Humanity by Tom Standage
1. What Alice Knew: A Most Curious Tale of Henry James & Jack the Ripper by Paula Marantz Cohen
2. A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg