TV Meme, part one
I never do these, but I saw it at One Gal's Musings and thought it was interesting.
1. TV Theme songs. Which is your favorite, and which makes you crazy enough to hit mute on the remote?
Game of Thrones theme is so majestic. I also love the tongue-twister that is the Big Bang Theory's theme. I can't think of one right offhand that I hate. Though I'm sure I'll know it if I see it again.
2. The Classics. What is your favorite Classic TV show?
How do I choose a favorite among the variety of shows there have been over the years? Also: define classic.
3. What character from a Classic TV show would you like to be?
The Great Gazoo from The Flintstones.
4. Can you remember a line you liked from a Classic TV show?
Ugh. Define "classic." The first thing that comes to mind is "It's just a donkey spell." Said by Kenneth Parcell to explain his hee-hawing seizure on 30 Rock.
5. Heroes. What show featuring those who protect your country (fiction or non-fiction) is your favorite? Probably Band of Brothers.
6. TV Cops. Who is your favorite (past or present) TV cop?
Oh did I crush on Mike Logan from L&O.
7. You need to hire a bodyguard for yourself. Which TV cop do you choose?
Not a cop. Bull the Bailiff from Night Court. Who kept all his savings in his wallet because "People rob banks!"
8. TV Doctors. Which TV doctor would you choose to remove your appendix? Which TV doctor would you not let touch you with a 10- foot pole? Gregory House can take his smug, self-righteous ass the hell out of my hospital room. His patients suffer, improperly treated for days, so that he can tease the correct diagnosis - that he's known from Day 1 - out of his students. For genuine care and going the extra mile for his patients, I'll choose Doug Ross from ER.
9. TV Moms. Which TV mom would you have liked to have had for your own? Is there a TV mom you would never want as your own? I liked Morticia Addams. She was loving, but firm. Protective, but gave her children space. She accepted them as they were, and always expected the very best in behavior from them. She was gracious and elegant and weird as all get-out. Mom(s) to avoid: almost every Mom ever portrayed on Law & Order SVU.
10. TV Dads. Which TV Dad would you have most liked to have for your own dad? On the flipside, who was the TV Dad you’d have least liked to have had?
Mike Brady, please. Non-dads: Almost every Dad ever portrayed on Law & Order: SVU.
11. Comedies. How do you feel about sitcoms? Good, wholesome fun or saccharine inanity?
Too many and too varied to make a blanket statement like that.
12. If your life was a sitcom, what would the title be?
"Toldja." Because everything that ever goes wrong is something that someone told me would happen, or I told someone else would happen.
13. If you went to a comedy club on amateur night, and they gave you some jokes and a microphone, would you go onstage?
14. Reality. Are you a fan of Reality TV? What’s your “can’t miss” reality TV show (or shows), or what reality TV show do you suppose the devil plays on the TV in Hell as punishment?
I'm not a fan of reality tv at all. I'm pretty sure the Toddlers and Tiaras ilk have some relationship with hell.
15. If you were given a free ticket to be on any reality show, which one would you choose?
One where the producers pay for an all-expenses paid trip to Europe for three months to do and see whatever I want, leave me alone to enjoy it, and then interview me after I return to discuss my experience.