The Gal Herself participates in Thursday Thirteen, and this week she posted a list of Film Noir classics, along with a question: Which have you seen?
I'll do as she did, and post the ones I've seen in bold.
1) The Public Enemy. 1931. James Cagney and Jean Harlow.
2) Scarface. 1932. Paul Muni and George Raft.
3) The Thin Man. 1934. Myrna Loy and William Powell.
4) The Petrified Forest. 1936. Humphrey Bogart and Leslie Howard.
5) Angels with Dirty Faces. 1938. James Cagney and Pat O'Brien.
6) The Maltese Falcon. 1941. Humphrey Bogart and Mary Astor.
7) A Woman's Face. 1941. Joan Crawford and Melvyn Douglas.
8) Double Indemnity. 1944. Barbara Stanwyck and Fred MacMurray.
9) Laura. 1944. Gene Tierney and Dana Andrews.
10) Mildred Pierce. 1945. Joan Crawford and Zachary Scott.
11) Gilda. 1946. Rita Hayworth and Glenn Ford.
12) The Postman Always Rings Twice. 1946. Lana Turner and John Garfield.
13) Out of the Past. 1947. Robert MItchum and Kirk Douglas.
plus I'll add one: M. 1931. Peter Lorre, directed by Fritz Lang. One of the earliest, and creepiest.