Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Liebster blog award
Thank you so much to Tenae of The Witch of Howling Creek for gifting me with the Liebster Blog Award!
“The Liebster Award” is given to up and coming bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers. The word "Liebster" comes from German and can mean the sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, most beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
Here are the Rules for this Award:
Thank the person who nominated you. When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you. Pass the award onto 6 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!) You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
11 Random Facts
1. I'm intrigued by the new TV show "The Following."
2. I'm frustrated that the interesting English TV shows I've been watching seldom come with closed captioning.
3. My parents were 20 when I was born, and while I was young I thought that was the perfect age to have a child...an exact generation.
4. I've always wanted to write a romance novel, but I've never been able to pad out the scenes to a cohesive whole.
5. I sometimes wish I was more athletic. Or even a little athletic.
6. Slow internet makes me crazy.
7. I hate the taste of green peppers.
8. I'm allergic to oranges. For some reason, the cleaning industry has decided that orange is a good scent for cleaning products. To me, it smells like wiping your counter down with orange juice. Yuck.
9. I have five children, but only one is still young enough to live at home.
10. I absolutely love my job.
11. I have a blog about Rhode Island (www.iheartrhody.com) that has been a fantastic experience, allowing me to meet people and go places that might not have been possible otherwise. But it's meant that this blog gets less and less attention, which is occasionally frustrating. But not often enough.
Questions from Tenae
1. What was the last book you read and what did you think of it?
"The Providence and Rhode Island Cook Book." It was a gift from my niece. I loved the background stories about traditional Rhode Island foods, and the history of some of our best-known restaurants and chefs.
2. What fellow blogger do you look up to?
The Gal Herself is so open and articulate about her life. I admire her courage.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Right here in Rhode Island.
4. What kind of weather is your favorite?
Crisp fall air, with a light breeze. Not too cold. Blue skies and sunshine and brilliant autumn leaves.
5. Slippers, socks or barefoot?
6. What meal do you make most often?
Oatmeal for breakfast.
7. Do you watch tv and if so, what show are you currently addicted to?
I'm really intrigued by the new show "The Following."
8. Do you use herbs in magick and if so, which herbs are your favorites?
I don't use herbs in magic, but I'm hoping to learn more about them as I try to be a little "greener."
9. What is your favorite fairytale and why?
I like Cinderella, mostly because I loved it as a child. As an adult, I realize how bad the message is.
10. What book do you own that you've never read?
I can't remember the title. Something about Swedenborgianism.
11. Do you paint your fingernails and/or toenails and what color do you most often use?
I don't. I don't use any makeup because it's bad for the environment.
My 11 questions:
1. What book do you really not want to read, but you feel like you "should"?
2. Quick, no peeking! List the vegetables in your fridge.
3. Check your fridge. Were you right?
4. What's your favorite comfort food?
5. When you were twelve, what job did you think you'd have/want to have?
6. Have you ever met any of your bloggy-buddies in person?
7. Do you have a silly word that you use instead of swear words when swear words are inappropriate? If so, what is it?
8. Describe the perfect cup of coffee.
9. Do any common grammatical errors make you crazy? Which ones?
10. Do you use movie quotes as part of conversation?
11. If you had to double for a celebrity, who would it be?
Of course, I would have to say "The Gal Herself" and "Kwizgiver." Although we've all received this award before, it's still fun.
I also challenge any other reader to jump in there and share.