swiped with love from The Gal Herself
1) What's the first holiday song that comes to mind? The one I like to hear first is "We Need a Little Christmas Now" by Johnny Mathis
2) Are you sending cards (either by postal service or email) this year? When money was tight some years ago, I stopped sending cards to save the expense. Now that I can afford to, I don't for environmental reasons.
3) Can you see any holiday decorations from where you're answering these questions? The gift boxes we have ready for our clients
4) Do you wrap gifts in paper or take the gift bag route? It depends on the size and shape of the present. Most get wrapped in paper, but the really awkward ones do better in a bag. We're trying to get away from wrapping paper, though, and use re-usable decorative bags and boxes.
5) The holidays are an important fundraising time for charities. Here's an opportunity to do a shameless plug for your favorite. What organization or cause do you wish got more support at the holidays, and all year around? There are so many. Toys for Tots, the Food Bank, Amos House, Hasbro Children's Hospital
6) Andy Williams was famous for his family holiday specials. What TV family would most like to spend Christmas with? The Modern Family family. They may be a bit frazzled and dysfunctional at times, but they're well-meaning and loyal and fun.
7) The holidays are a big time for travel. Where did you go on your first airplane flight? Geez, I don't know. Florida maybe?
8) Does the weather have an impact on your mood? I noticed this year that snow makes me energized. I get all excited like a little kid.
9) Snack time! You're about to make yourself your favorite sandwich. What ingredients do you need? Potato bread, leftover Thanksgiving turkey, a little cranberry sauce and some horseradish sauce. Mumph. So yum.