My dear bloggie buddies Kwizgiver and The Gal Herself (how I'd love to meet you both in person if you ever travel thru Rhode Island, my dears) were kind enough to give me the Liebster Blog award:
"The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers … and is a sneaky way to get to know the person behind the blog. According to her: Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
Here are the rules for the award:
- Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.
- Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
- Tell them you’ve tagged them. Remember, no tag backs."
- I'm sensitive to oranges. The juice makes me break out in hives. I can't stand the smell of them, and drinking juice or eating food with orange makes me sick to my stomach.
- I'm learning to adapt to the car-less lifestyle.
- I don't like fish, but I like some crustaceans and shellfish (helloooo scallops)
- I will probably not write a book because, while I can write a scene very well, I can't seem to string them together into a coherent story.
- But I love making characters. Especially choosing names for them.
- I'm so happy with where I am, that I think I'm getting complacent. Huh.
- It took literally six tries to get my living room painted in colors I was happy with.
- Lately I've been obsessed with the word 'monkey' and say it at every opportunity.
- I hate the smell of wintergreen, to the point where it makes me nauseous.
- I'm currently car-less and am learning to negotiate the public transport system.
- I have a cat with six extra toes.
Here are Kwizgiver's questions for the tagged:
- What is your favorite genre to read? Mostly non-fiction, history, although I also like religion and sociology as topics, too.
- How often do you read for pleasure? If you count blogs (which I do), nearly every day, multiple times a day. If you mean books/ebooks, a little less often.
- Do you ever read books in your least favorite genre? I probably would if some other part of it interested me, but I can't recall having read any books in sports or economics lately.
- Do you snack when you read? Too much and too often.
- What do you do when you're in a reading slump? What's a reading slump?
- Are you easy to talk into doing something out of the ordinary? That depends on what it is.
- Do you follow a daily routine? A loose one
- Where do you keep your keys? Usually in my purse
- What is your favorite song featuring a banjo? Uh... wow. Probably "Jubilation Day" by Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers.
- Do you drink bottled water? Very rarely
- How old is your blog? Six years this past April.
- What's your oldest memory? Climbing onto the counter to reach the forbidden cookies in the upper cabinet. I was about 3.
- Who was your first crush? Probably Kip. I was in 3rd grade, and he was our neighbor in Massachusetts.
- When was the last time you cried? I honestly don't remember.
- How often do you read the newspaper? I subscribe to the Sunday paper and try to read that.
- What is something you won't scrimp on, no matter how tight your budget? Conditioner. And if you saw my hair, you'd thank me.
- Do you enjoy your time in the bath or shower? Or is it merely for hygiene/grooming, like brushing your teeth? I enjoy being in the shower. I dislike getting into the shower.
- Close your eyes and think of a song. Which one popped into your head? The song I tease Bear with, sung to the tune of "Call Me Maybe?": "You're my B___. My B___-boo baby."
- What's the biggest dollar bill in your wallet right now? (Asked because a friend of mine recently broke a $100 at dinner, and I don't think I've ever carried a bill that big.) I don't carry cash in my wallet. It's always on my person. But it's a 20. Because it's payday.
- You're home. It's 9:30 at night. You're hungry. What do you snack on? Candy if we have it. Nuts if we don't.
- Are you a Felix (neat freak) or an Oscar (slob)? I'm an Oscar who wants a house like Felix', if it took no effort whatsoever.
- When did you last send someone a card? It could be a greeting card, or a postcard. But you had to address it, put a stamp on it and mail it. E-cards or a card you simply handed a person don't count. About 2 weeks ago, for my niece's birthday.
And now, my questions:
- What period of history is your favorite to read about?
- What is your favorite genre of fiction?
- Do you choose a book by its cover?
- Where do you do most of your reading?
- Without looking, guess about how many books are in your TBR pile. Now look. Were you right?
- How many movies on your TBW list?
- What's your favorite genre of movie?
- Do you still go to see movies in the theater?
- You have $10,000 and no strings or obligations for one full day. Where do you go and what do you do?
- How many songs on your mp3 player?
- What comes next? Monster, monkey, helicopter, __________
I'm tagging everyone, because everyone I know has already got this award!