another creatively acquired meme from the coffers of Kwizgiver
1. Does your family send Christmas cards? I've been off cards the last several years, but I'm trying to get back into sending them again.
2. How soon do you start shopping?: the day after Christmas
3. Who do you shop for?: family, friends and coworkers
4. Do you put up a Christmas tree?: oh yes
5. If so, is it fake or real?: sadly, fake
6. Do you like tinsel?: I like tinsel garland
7. Do you use homemade or store bought ornaments?: both
8. Do you put Christmas lights outside your house?: yes
9. Do you put lights on the tree?: yes
10. How about popcorn and cranberries?: I have yet to figure out how to string cranberries. I can't get the needle through.
11. Is there a wreath hanging on your door?: no, but I wish there was!
13. Do you hang up your stocking?: oh yes
14. Does your family read "Twas the night before Christmas?": no. we used to read the Christmas story
15. Christmas Movie?: A Christmas Carol
16. Character from any Christmas Movie: Scrooge
17. Christmas Song: so much depends on my mood. Most often it's "O Holy Night"
18. Christmas Memory: anything involving the kids
This or That :
19. Give or Receive?: give
22. Ham or Turkey?: meh, either
24. White Lights or Colored Lights? it depends
25. Blinking Lights or Still Lights: Twinkling
26. Were you Naughty or Nice this year?: pretty nice
27. What do you want for Christmas this year?: lots of things
28. When do you open your gifts?: Christmas morning
29. Do you save or recycle bows?: yes
30. Have you done much online shopping?: not so far
31. Who gives you the most gifts?: my family
32. Have you ever had a secret Santa?: yes!
33. Do you like wrapping gifts?: not that much
34. Do you put change in those red buckets?: every time
35. Do you burn a yule log?: no fireplace, but this year a good friend made a yule log candle holder for me
36. Did you ever stay up all night waiting for Santa?: Never made it all the way through, but one year I woke up extra early and caught my mom "peeking in the stockings."
37. Do you bake cookies?: not like I used to.
38. Have you ever seen your mommy kissing Santa Claus?: nope
39. Have you ever gotten a kiss under the mistletoe?: yup
41. Do you drive around and look at the Christmas lights?: several times through the season.
42. Have you ever left Santa cookies?: and a carrot. Each year we'd pick a different reindeer to get the carrot.
43. Have you ever sat on Santa's lap?: I'm sure I did.
44. Who do you celebrate Christmas with?: my family
45. Where do you celebrate Christmas?: at my parents'
46. Have you ever had a white Christmas?: occasionally
47. What part of Christmas do you look most forward to?: "that Christmas feeling."
48. Have you ever had your picture taken with Santa?: yes
49. Does your family always take pictures at Christmas? yes, usually
50. Have you ever heard the song "Thank God For The Kids"?: I don't think so.