This week's movie topic is all about the Supernatural...
Molly at The Bumbles Blog hosts the Monday Movie Meme.
Share on your blog favorite movies with those witchy, surreal, psychic or alien happenings, linking back here at The Bumbles. And don't forget to visit your fellow participants!
Soooo many to choose from!
- The Craft: High school girls are playing at being witches, until they invite a real witch into their coven. Although it was technically a Robin Tunney vehicle, Fairuza Balk owned this movie.
- Practical Magic: Sister witches deal with their abilities in very different ways.
- Beetle Juice: Two novice ghosts try to scare modern decor lovers out of their historic home with the help of a deranged spirit.
- Frankenstein (1931): Doctor Victor learns that playing with fire=bad.
- The Empire Strikes Back: Where we first learn that The Force is like magic.
- Dracula: Livin' la vida undead. (Only Bela Lugosi need apply)
- Hocus Pocus: The comically evil Sanderson sisters are released from their 300 year curse to plague modern Salem.
- Ernest Saves Christmas: What's more magical than Santa Claus? The old Santa finding his replacement on Christmas Eve in Florida, with the help of Ernest P. Worrell. He's at one with the Yuletide, knowwhaddahmean?
- The Others: A mother and her two children, waiting for her husband to return home from World War II, discover that their remote English country manor may be haunted.
- The Village: My favorite M. Night Shyamalan movie. In an idyllic early 20th-century village, evil monsters lurk in the woods. But when her fiance is hurt, a young blind woman must brave the forest to find help.
- Pan's Labyrinth: A young girl hopes to find escape for herself and her sick, pregnant mother from her sadistic stepfather by allying herself with mythical creatures who live deep in the woods. Set against the backdrop of Franco's Spain during the 1940s. Horrible and beautiful.
Those are a very few of my favorites or at least the first that came to mind.