1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Sold some photographs.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
None for this year, none for the coming year. But I made progress on the 101 Things in 1001 Days.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Stayed in the country this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A permanent job.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 15, when I officially moved to Rhode Island.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving to Rhode Island
9. What was your biggest failure?
Didn't get a permanent job.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Broke a toe. Otherwise, I've been pretty healthy.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
GPS for the car.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
John McCain's concession speech was the most impressive thing I heard all year.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Gov. Blagojevich. Shame on you.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Moving and setting up house.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Selling my photography. That was huge.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Uh... Code Monkey?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
c. considerably poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exploring our new turf.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Drove down to the 'rents to spend the long weekend with them and the babies and Nana.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
no, but I developed a serious crush.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
LOST, but it's been so long since it was on, I feel like it wasn't even this year.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No one new, no.
24. What was the best book you read?
I'm really enjoying Good Omens.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Jonathan Coulter. He's very witty.
26. What did you want and get?
Move to Rhode Island.
27. What did you want and not get?
The attention of the object of my affection.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Dark Knight.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 44 and drove to NY to see the 'rents and grandbabies.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Getting a permanent job with benefits.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
32. What kept you sane?
What makes you think I stayed sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None stands out.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Health care. Seriously, how can it be that we still have people without health care in this country? There's no excuse.
35. Who did you miss?
Some friends I moved away from.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Chuck. Mark. Mike. Jim.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Doing what matters is more important than the amount of the paycheck. But having enough to pay all the bills is still pretty important.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Nothing comes to mind.