Today's Christmas song...
17. What is the first thing you saw when you woke up this morning?
My son-in-law, telling me that I'd overslept.
In my life...
Money's tight enough that I'm starting to worry about Christmas.
I just finished reading "One Snowy Night Before Christmas" by Pamela Fryer. A quick read novella about a Grinchy young woman who has had nothing but bad luck at Christmas time. When she - a tow truck driver - is driving a man and his six-year-old daughter back to town after he ditched his car in snowstorm, she accidentally hits a vagrant. The little girl is convinced that the old man with a white beard and red shirt is Santa. But he couldn't be, could he?
I just couldn't get into the story. I didn't find the characters to be very realistic. However, I did like the message of hope and faith that centered the story.
I joined the 2015 Witchy reading challenge. We'll see where that takes me.
I also signed up for "Book for a Book."
In the world...
- Apparently there's been an outbreak of mumps in the National Hockey League over the past month.
- The Curiosity Rover has detected spikes of methane on Mars. This after finding water.
- Norman Bridwell, the author of Clifford the Big Red Dog, has died at the age of 86.
- American Alan Gross has been released from captivity in Cuba after five years. President Obama wants to "normalize" diplomatic relations with Cuba.
- Theaters showing the movie "The Interview," a comedy which centers around journalists recruited by the CIA to kill Kim Jong-un, have been threatened by North Korean hackers. According to the threat: "“Warning…We will clearly show it to you at the very time and places “The Interview” be shown, including the premiere, how bitter fate those who seek fun in terror should be doomed to,” reads the message posted on Tuesday. “Soon all the world will see what an awful movie Sony Pictures Entertainment has made. The world will be full of fear.”
- Two blasts have been heard near a women's college near Peshawar, Pakistan, where yesterday 132 children ages 10-20 were gunned down at a school.
Makes me smile...
|You Are Charming and Unique|
If people want to think you're flakey, that's fine. You're getting more done than they are.
You don't need much in life. You just want to be seen and appreciated for who you are.
You can be a bit too honest at times. And most people find that refreshing.